In 1945 and 1946, owing to material supply shortages and a poor post-war economy, a new design was forced to be used with the Club opting for an all-myrtle green jersey with a cardinal red three-inch V across the chest. This was short-lived, however, and the design quickly returned to the traditional stripes in 1947 as jersey supplies improved.
Season 1959 witnessed the launch of the famous rabbit logo that would make its way onto the famous cardinal red and myrtle green strip for the first time, which has been emblazoned on every jersey since.
The inaugural rabbit logo also came with a brand-new jersey design, which was nicknamed the ‘saddle jersey’ and used in 1959-64. The jersey consisted of large cardinal red and myrtle green bands with lace-up collar design.
The Club went back to the traditional uneven bars in 1965, which also culminated the start of another golden era for the Rabbitohs.
Players slowly began to experiment with various sleeve lengths as well, which is noticeable in the 1953 premiership team photo as South Sydney legend Clive Churchill had cut off his sleeves, which produced the short sleeve jersey.