You may need to register on Our Platforms to use some parts of Our Platforms, including some premium content, additional product features and functionality, and for us to provide you with information and other content to match your selected preferences (e.g. news stories, highlights, match updates and notifications).
When you register, we will collect registration information from you. Such information may include your name, contact details, communication preferences and a variety of other information. We may also collect additional information based on your usage of Our Platforms.
We may use the information collected to provide a personalised experience for you on Our Platforms, for our own business and administrative purposes (including the purposes set out in our collection statement, available here: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/collection-statement/.
You must provide us with complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
You must keep your user-name and password confidential and secure and not permit any other person to access any of Our Platforms using your user-name and password.
We are entitled to assume that all use of Our Platforms under your user-name is undertaken by you (unless we have been told that your details have been compromised).
2. Use of Our Platforms
Our Platforms are meant to provide a place where fans and the public can learn about our products and services, enjoy leading digital experiences, and engage with news, articles and other multimedia content about the Rabbitohs, NRL and the game of rugby league.
The information and material available on and through Our Platforms is provided for general informational purposes only. You use Our Platforms, and rely on such information and content, at your own risk.
You agree that:
• you will only use Our Platforms for personal, non-commercial use; and
• you will not use Our Platforms in a way that causes us loss or damage.
You acknowledge and agree that we may:
• make changes to Our Platforms and the information, content and services provided on and through Our Platforms;
• monitor your use of Our Platforms; and
• cancel your access to Our Platforms if we believe:
- you are no longer eligible or authorised to access Our Platforms.
Access to Our Platforms depend on telecommunications and internet service providers, third parties such as the operators of social media websites, and other external factors. We do not guarantee the availability of Our Platforms at all times or at any specific times, or that your experience on Our Platforms will be fault-free.
While we will take reasonable precautions to ensure Our Platforms are secure, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure.
Accordingly, we cannot ensure the security of any information or content transmitted to, from or using Our Platforms and you do so at your own risk.
3. User-posted content
Some parts of Our Platforms may allow you to submit, upload, post or transmit information or content such as text, photos, images, audio and video (including links to such information or content) (Material), including Material that may be accessed and viewed by others.
You are responsible for any Material you submit to, on or through Our Platforms and must respect the legal rights and sensibilities of others.
By submitting, uploading, posting or transmitting Material to, on or through any of Our Platforms, you:
• grant us a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to (and to authorise others to) use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, communicate, publish, translate, create derivative works from and publicly perform such Material for the purposes of operating Our Platforms and providing any associated services to any person and for our reasonable business and administrative purposes (including promotional and marketing purposes);
• consent to us using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) your name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies you, which is contained in the Material, for the above purposes;
• grant others using our Platform a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licence to use, copy and reproduce such Material for their own private, non-commercial use;
• consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe your moral rights in the Material and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by law anywhere in the world.
4. No liability for misuse by others
We do not warrant that Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted by you will be protected against misuse by others. We are not responsible for the infringement of the copyright or moral rights in Material by others, whether individuals or organisations nor for taking measures to prevent such infringement.
5. Prohibited Material
You must not submit, upload, post or transmit Material to, on or through Our Platforms that:
• is offensive, unlawful, defamatory, false or misleading, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually explicit or unsuitable for minors
• is of an abusive, violent, obscene, offensive or menacing nature;
• is racist or hateful or promotes racism or hatred towards another person or group of persons;
• contains nudity, swear words or excessive violence;
• is reasonably likely to offend another person;
• contains or links to advertising or is otherwise submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted for commercial purposes;
• violates or infringes (or the use of which violates or infringes) the intellectual property or other rights of any individual or organisation;
• contains personal information of any individual (such as name, address, email address, phone number), except with the relevant individual's permission;
• contains or transmits malware, viruses or other harmful computer code;
• solicits others to buy or sell goods or services; or
• contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice.
You must not use Our Platform to:
• conduct any illegal activity;
• cause annoyance or inconvenience to any other person; or
• harvest information about others for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending of, unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
6. Material and behaviour of others
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability for, any Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted to, on or through Our Platforms by others. This includes their views, opinions, behaviours, defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
For all such Material, views, opinions and behaviours:
• they belong to those sharing them and do not necessarily represent our views or opinions;
• they are not endorsed by us; and
• they may not be accurate, complete, current or suitable (and we make no representation otherwise).
7. Disclaimer of warranties and representations
Except as required by law, we give no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and make no representations, in relation to Our Platforms or any information, Materials or services available through or on Our Platforms. In particular, we do not warrant or represent that:
• your systems will be compatible with Our Platforms;
• information available on or through Our Platforms is accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose;
• Our Platforms or services are free from any defects, malware, viruses or other harmful computer code; or
• your access to Our Platforms or services will be continuous or uninterrupted.
8. Our liability
Nothing in this document excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition, implied or imposed by any legislation to the extent that it cannot lawfully be excluded or limited, including under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and similar State or Territory legislation (Non-Excludable Provision). However, to the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability to you for failure to comply with any Non-Excludable Provision is limited (at our option):
• in the case of goods - to the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired (as determined by us); or
• in the case of services - to the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again (as determined by us).
Except as specified in this section, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
• we will not be liable to you for any special, consequential, indirect or incidental damages or loss; and
9. Your liability
10. Links to third party websites
Our Platforms may contain links to other websites, applications or accounts, including to the NRL, our Partners and other companies that we have a relationship with that are not operated or controlled by us (Third Party Platforms). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not be current.
Provision of a link should not be construed as an endorsement or approval of Third Party Platforms.
You acknowledge that we may receive fees or commissions from others in relation to links to Third Party Platforms.
Copyright in the material and works available on or through Our Platforms is owned by us or our licensors.
You may use Our Platforms and associated information and content, download information and content from Our Platforms and print out that information and content, but only for your own private, non-commercial use.
Where we expressly invite you to do so, you may share certain content available on Our Platforms on social media. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of Our Platforms (including any Material posted on Our Platforms) may be used, copied, reproduced, modified, adapted, communicated, published, translated, derivative works from them, nor publicly performed in any form or by any means without our prior written consent. Requests for consent must be directed to us using the contact details below.
13. Changes to these terms and conditions
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting the amended version on Our Platforms. Subsequent or continuing use of any of Our Platforms will constitute your acceptance of any changes.
(a) the words “including”, “includes” or “for example” are not used as, nor are they intended to be, interpreted as words of limitation; and
(b) the following terms have the following meanings:
Material has the meaning given to that term in clause 3.
Non-Excludable Provision has the meaning given to that term in clause 8.
Our Platform has the meaning given to that term in the introduction.
Prohibited Material is any Material that falls under the categories listed in clause 5.
Related Body Corporate has the meaning given to that term in section 50 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Third Party Platform has the meaning given to that term in clause 10.