There is an undeniable synergy in our injury management and rehabilitation processes was deemed highly transferrable to physical demands place on Emergency Service Personnel and other laborious occupations.
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have partnered with NSW’s Emergency Services and other industries where laborious activity can place significant demands on the human body, just like our athletes regularly endure!
Besides allowing us to give back to those that serve the community and protect us each and every day; we invite partnered organisations to give injured workers access to the same tools and techniques as our elite athletes, imparting decades of knowledge and empowering them to look after their physical health and rehabilitate any work related injuries.
The Rabbitohs Elite Athlete Rehabilitation Program gives members access to the very same physiotherapists and specialist sports medicine services as our South Sydney Rabbitohs players, meaning they get the very best physical care and rehabilitation programs to get them back on the job after suffering a work-related injury. We acknowledge the inherent occupational dangers our many occupations, particularly our Emergency Services personnel face regularly and unfortunately injuries do occur, which is why this program was designed to allow access to the best-of-the-best elite athlete Rabbitohs’ physiotherapists for top-class, tailored rehabilitation programs for each emergency services participant, our physiotherapists have a combine 35 years’ experience in top level NRL physiotherapy treatment.
- Behind the scenes access to typically well guarded industry secrets
Cuan has a Bachelors degree in Exercise Physiology and a Masters in Physiotherapy and SIRA Accredited. Cuan’s work in professional sporting environments includes a stint with Sheffield United FC as a Senior Academy Physiotherapist and the Exeter Chiefs in the Premiership Rugby competition, both in England. Cuan now works with the South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL squad and will be a leading figure in the Emergency Services Rehabilitation program
Eddie has been working with the Rabbitohs for over 16 years as the head physiotherapist. Working across various sports in elite level athlete management, his experience includes work with Australian Rugby Union, the NSW Waratahs, and the NSW and Australian Touch Football teams.
All therapists are fully qualified
The focus of our program is to instil strength and confidence back into our elite emergency service athletes following injury through a progressive rehab timeline with each phase focusing on key aspects of our return-to-work timeline.
- During the initial appointment a thorough subjective and objective assessment is conducted
- Following the initial session, a progressive rehab program is completed following a precision designed set of principles, specifically catered to our participants needs.
ROSA Testing preparation for members of the NSW Police Force
- Following a demonstration and in-depth insight into the ROSA assessment provided to us, all officers can now be taken through a ROSA simulation involving bag strikes and other specific activities in order to give them the confidence and mental preparedness prior to their assessment.
USANA Rabbitohs High Performance Centre – Maroubra
Newly completed in April 2023 this state of the art $25million dollar facility has been specifically designed to cater to needs of elite athletes, for both performance and recovery.
- Fully equipped physio treatment rooms
- Traditional sauna
- Infrared sauna
- Hot and Cold spas
- Home of the Rabbitohs for 75 years, and engrained in the clubs culture, this is a still a fully equipped facility now being utilized by our NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg Sides
- Also a fully equipped facility, available for use by South Sydney Rabbitohs during our pathways season.
- ”I have no doubt that if it wasn’t for the help of Cuan and the program run through South Sydney Rabbitohs, I wouldn’t be any where near where I am today. I can attest that the one-on-one sessions as well as the tailored and specific rehab program helped me return to work faster and better than I had ever hoped.”
- “The team at South Sydney Rabbitohs have been second to none. I started the program 2 months ago following ongoing complications following my knee surgery. The level of care and support from the team has really helped me along my journey and I wouldn’t be returning to work fitter and stronger than before my knee injury if it wasn’t for all involved”
- “I am currently an operational Firefighter working out of the city of Sydney fire station. I started with the tactical athlete rehab program just over 2 months ago. I had repeated torn calf injuries prior which is what lead me to the program. I did not know what to expect initially, but I felt very fortunate to have the resources of a professional sports team to help me recover and get back a sustainable level of operational fitness. The program has far exceeded my expectation and given me confidence in my physical ability to carry out my job again. With only a few weeks left, I will make the most of my time. Cuan has been fantastic. His guidance and coaching have been on point every step of the way. I will be taking a lot of what I have learnt from him away with me to keep building on what I have managed to gain from this program. Thank you, Cuan and the South Sydney Rabbitohs.”
- “ I came to the Rabbitohs Rehab program after hip surgery. I am coming to the end of my rehab journey and thanks to the effort from the team at Souths Sydney I am stronger than I was before surgery. It has been very beneficial, and I would recommend the opportunity to anyone needing help along their rehab journey”