Studdon named NSW captain as five Rabbitohs selected
South Sydney Rabbitohs halfback Maddie Studdon has been named NSW State of Origin captain for 2018 as five Rabbitohs were named to start for the Blues.
Five of South Sydney's best Maddie Studdon, Taleena Simon, Nakia Davis-Welsh, Lavina O'Mealey and Rebecca Riley have all been named in the starting side.
Studdon becomes the second Rabbitohs player this year to be named captain of their state following Greg Inglis' Queensland captaincy.
Along with Studdon, teammate Taleena Simon has been rewarded for her incredible try scoring ability in 2018 while Nakia Davis-Welsh once again features on the opposite wing.
Rounding up the Rabbitohs involvement playmakers Lavina O'Mealey and Rebbeca Riley will bring their strong form into camp following an outstanding season for the Rabbitohs in the Harvey Norman Women's Premiership.
The Women's State Origin kicks off Friday 22 June at North Sydney Oval.
The Harvey Norman NSW Women's State of Origin team is:
1. Sam Bremner (Helensburgh Tigers)
2. Taleena Simon (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
3. Corban McGregor (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
4. Isabelle Kelly (CRL Newcastle)
5. Nakia Davis-Welsh (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
6. Lavina O'Mealey (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
7. Maddison Studdon (C) (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
8. Elianna Walton (VC) (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
9. Rebecca Riley (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Simaima Taufa (Mounties)
11. Talesha Quinn (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
12. Kezie Apps (Helensburgh Tigers)
13. Vanessa Foliaki (Brisbane Easts)
14. Nita Maynard (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
15. Rebecca Young (CRL Newcastle)
16. Holli Wheeler (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
17. Hannah Southwell (CRL Newcastle)
18. Quincy Dodd (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)