The Queensland Maroons have today announced their team for the opening match of the 2017 Holden State of Origin series.
No Rabbitohs players have been selected in the side that sees two new faces.
Roosters prop Dylan Napa and Broncos five-eighth Anthony Milford have both been selected in the starting 17 for the May 31 match at Suncorp Stadium.
A member of the QAS Emerging Origin squad, Napa gets his opportunity to step up following Matt Scott’s season-ending knee injury.
With star playmaker Johnathan Thurston highly unlikely to be fit due to a shoulder injury, coach Kevin Walters is backing Anthony Milford to step up at five-eighth.
Thurston, who has made 36 consecutive Origin appearances for the Maroons, will still travel to Brisbane and will be assessed by the Maroons medical team at the start of camp.
Queensland Maroons Game I team
1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
4. Justin O'Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Anthony Milford (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors)
18. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)