Trade Promotion: Game of Skill
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate information regarding how to enter the ‘Reese’s + Rabbitohs’ Promotion (the “Promotion”). Your participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Hershey Company with offices at 100 Crystal A Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, United States of America.
3. Entry to the Promotion is open to residents of Sydney who reside within the state of New South Wales (“Eligible Entrants”). Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of a parent or guardian to participate in this Promotion.
4. Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or organisations associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. “Immediate families” means spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto, ex-de-facto, grandparent, step-grandparent, parent, step-parent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, natural or adopted child, sibling and first cousin (whether natural or adopted by a parent),whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, employee, officer or contractor.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries and to disqualify any entrance who the Promoter believes has either tampered with the entry process or has submitted an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
6. The Promotion will commence at 01:00pm AEST on 11 August 2016 and will close at 11:59pm AEST on 17 August 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Winners will be notified on 19 August 2016.
7. To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrances must during the Promotion Period:-
a. Post a comment on the Rabbitoh’s Official Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/southsydney/?fref=ts) detailing what it being a ‘mate’ means to the Eligible Entrant. (“Entry/Entries”)
b. The Entry must ‘tag’ a friend who the Eligible Entrant would like to share the prize with if they win. The friend must also be an Eligible Entrant (“Companion”).
(collectively, the “Entry Procedure”)
8. Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form. Computer generated or other automated entries will not be accepted. Once submitted, entries may not be altered. If an Entry is altered or modified it may be disqualified at the Judges sole discretion.
9. Entrants may only enter the Promotion once. In the event an Eligible Entrant posts multiple Entries, the most recent Entry will be deemed that Eligible Entrant’s final Entry.
10. Entries received outside the Promotion Period will not be considered for a Prize.
11. Each Eligible Entrant is only entitled to win one Prize.
12. Any cost associated with accessing the Facebook Page is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and it is dependent upon the internet service provider used.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove, or take-down any part of an Entry, or all Entries made by a participant.
14. By submitting an Entry to the Promotion, each Eligible Entrant agrees to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an Entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
15. Judging will be completed by the Promoter. The judging panel will consist of nominated representatives of the Promoter and will be determined on Monday 15 August 2016 at 20 Windmill Street, 2000 Sydney NSW. The winning entries will be chosen based on the creativity and uniqueness of the Eligible Entrant’s Entry.
16. The winners will be notified by direct message on Facebook between Thursday 18 August 2016 and Friday 19 August 2016. In the event the winner of a Prize does not reply to a message from the Promoter within 24 hours of receiving that message, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize (without any replacement) and offer the Prize to a runner up Entry.
17. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. This Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
19. There are a total of four (4) prizes to be won.
20. Each Prize consists of
i. two (2) premium tickets to the NRL game to be held at ANZ Stadium, NSW, between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Cronulla Sharks on Monday 22 August 2016 (Kickoff at 7:00pm AEST). And
ii. two (2) giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups gift packs.
21. The total value of each Prize is AUD$200.00.
22. The total value of the prize pool is AUD$800.00.
23. The winning entries will have their entries repurposed digitally and will be provided a copy to post on their own channels.
24. All prize items are valued in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
25. The winners will be notified by the Promoter of how to collect the Prize.
26. The Prize does not include costs associated with transport, attending the event, accommodation, food and beverage allowance. Each Prize winner acknowledges that they will bear these, and any costs associated with enjoying the Prize themselves.
27. The Prize awarded may not be exactly as illustrated in displays or marketing for the Promotion. In the event any portion of a Prize cannot be supplied, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for another item of equal or greater value.
28. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and his/her companions) must sign (or if they are under 18, procure that their parent/guardian will sign) any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
29. In the event a Prize winner or their Companion is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian of that person must be present for the duration of the Prize as one of the participants.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to undertake any procedure verifying that the Eligible Entrant has satisfied all the entry requirements. The Promoter may require proof as part of the Prize Claim process.
31. The Promoter reserves the right not to award any Prize to a winning Entry at their sole discretion. In this event, the Promoter may choose to award the Prize to a runner up Entry.
32. Eligible Entrants agree to a full release of their entries for the Promoter’s use across all owned, earned and shared digital channels. Winning entrants may have their entries converted to visuals for use across web, social and ongoing marketing activities. The Promoter will supply these visuals to the winning entrants for their own personal use.
33. If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants and winners (and their companion(s),) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or their winning of a Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its associated companies and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
34. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an Entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or the conduct of the promotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this promotion. If, because of any such problem, this Promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the Promotion’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the Promoter may (subject to any directions given by any relevant authority) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in any way. All entrants participating in the Promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the Promoter in writing. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the Promotion at no cost.
35. Eligible Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the comments that they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such comments to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any comment from its Facebook page and websites without any notice at the Promoter’s full discretion. The Eligible Entrant agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter from any claim, damages or expenses brought by any third part against the Promoter or its affiliates due to, or arising from, the Eligible Entrant’s conduct in connection with this promotion.
36. These terms and conditions do not, nor do they purport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, or any other warranties (whether express or implied) under any state legislation which cannot be excluded.
37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
38. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prize. Independent financial advice should be sought if required.
39. Details from all entries will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this Promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Promotion) and for publicity purposes surrounding this Promotion. By entering this Promotion, Eligible Entrants consent to the use of their information as described.
40. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
41. This competition shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia