South Sydney Rabbitohs player George Burgess will challenge the grading of a grade two Contrary Conduct charge, down to a grade one charge. This is a matter arising from Friday’s game against the Sydney Roosters, having submitted an early guilty plea this morning.
The Club notes the public opinions of high profile and greatly respected Rugby League figures over the past 24 hours including:
· International footballer and Chairman of Men of League Ron Coote;
· International footballer and Sea Eagles Coach Geoff Toovey;
· International footballer and current Sharks and NSW State of Origin captain Paul Gallen;
· International footballer Steve Roach;
· Former Match Review Committee Chairman Greg McCallum; and
· Former NRL Judiciary Chairman Paul Conlon.
The Club and George Burgess will put forward their case at an NRL judiciary hearing on Wednesday night.