Rabbitohs backs Greg Inglis and Dylan Walker have both been selected in Tim Sheens’ Australian Kangaroos side to take on Samoa this Sunday at WIN Stadium in Wollongong.
Greg Inglis will again line up in the number one jersey after scoring an important try for the Australians against England last Sunday, while Walker will resume his position in the Australian centres for the must-win clash.
Australia are currently in third position in the Four Nations tournament with a points differential of -14. Should New Zealand beat the England on Saturday night or the match results in a draw, then an Australian victory would see the Kangaroos leap over England and into the final.
An England victory would require Australia to score a big win. The Kangaroos currently trail England on for-and-against by 16 points (a margin that would increase with an England win) and trail New Zealand on for-and-against by 34 points.
Congratulations to both Greg and Dylan on their selection.
The Kangaroos team to take on Samoa is:
1. Greg Inglis, South Sydney Rabbitohs
2. Josh Mansour, Penrith Panthers
3. Michael Jennings, Sydney Roosters
4. Dylan Walker, South Sydney Rabbitohs
5. Sione Mata’utia, Newcastle Knights
6. Daly Cherry-Evans, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
7. Cooper Cronk, Melbourne Storm
8. Aaron Woods, Wests Tigers
9. Cameron Smith (c), Melbourne Storm
10. Josh Papalii, Canberra Raiders
11. Sam Thaiday, Brisbane Broncos
12. Greg Bird, Gold Coast Titans
13. Corey Parker, Brisbane Broncos
14. Boyd Cordner, Sydney Roosters
15. Robbie Farah, Wests Tigers
16. Aidan Guerra, Sydney Roosters
17. Ryan Hoffman, Melbourne Storm
18. Ben Hunt, Brisbane Broncos
19. David Klemmer, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
20. Matt Moylan, Penrith Panthers