You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

South Sydney Football Club representatives met today with Peter Holmes à Court in relation to reports that negotiations were currently underway for the sale of Mr Holmes à Court’s 50% share of Blackcourt League Investments Pty Limited (Blackcourt) to Consolidated Press Holdings (CPH).

Blackcourt is the company which currently owns 75% of South Sydney Football Club, with South Sydney Members Rugby League Football Club Limited (Member Co.) owning the remaining 25% together with a preference share which controls the team’s name, colours, jersey and home ground choice.

During the meeting, the Club’s representatives were briefed on the current status of the negotiations.

Mr Holmes à Court said today: “I confirm there are negotiations underway for the purchase of my 50% share in Blackcourt, as I now reside overseas and am working on a new, almost as hard, challenge - writing my first book for Penguin.

“I am proud to have played a part in the team’s great victory on Sunday and expect the Club to go from strength to strength in coming years.

“I won't be making any further comments.”

South Sydney Members will be the first to hear of any developments once the negotiations have concluded.

The Rabbitohs will be making no further comment at this stage.

Acknowledgement of Country

South Sydney Rabbitohs respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Partner

Premier Partners

Platinum and Associate Partners