Fantasy Tips - Rd 8, 2014
A tough one-point loss against the Bulldogs on Good Friday won’t get any easier, with the Rabbitohs travelling to Brisbane to play the Broncos on ANZAC Day in front of a massive crowd.
Ben Te’o and George Burgess both return from suspension and reclaim their starting positions in the Rabbitohs pack. Their return will see last week’s starters, Luke Burgess and Chris McQueen, move back to the bench, joining Jason Clark and Cameron McInnes. On the extended bench is Joel Reddy, Ben Lowe and Joe Picker.
Big news coming from Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire will see Nathan Merritt play NSW Cup this week with Joel Reddy or Alex Johnston possible as replacements. I would suggest checking out the Rabbitohs website or Twitter an hour before kick off as line-ups are announced.
· Kirisome Auva’a, Rabbitohs – Holding his spot and looks to be a solid purchase.
· Curtis Rona, Cowboys – Held his spot after last week’s debut and looks to be a downgrade option, although you should make the switch now before he goes up.
· Sonny-Bill Williams, Roosters – SBW has decreased by about 40k so far and is a perfect upgrade option if you are looking to sell Arona.
· Tinirau Arona, Sharks – I just sold him for SBW – this is what Fantasy NRL is about, selling high and buying low.
· Young Tonumaipea, Storm – Probably time to sell for someone like Rona or Auva’a.
· Josh Starling, Sea Eagles – Has averaged 27 this year and has increased by 70k so far. He is starting to plateau, so an upgrade to Sam Burgess looks like a great option if you can free up the money.
· Matt Allwood, Raiders – Was frustrating coaches everywhere but hit a big score on the weekend meaning he will earn some more money yet.
· Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Panthers – Was a late scratch last week for the returning Simmons. Hopefully he wasn’t a starting player, but worth holding for a few weeks to see if he can regain his spot.
· Jamie Lyon, Sea Eagles – With Kieran Foran out injured for three to four weeks, Lyon will take the five-eighth responsibilities which may affect his scores like it has in the past. There are probably bigger issues than moving him on for a short term fix.
Rabbitohs League Code
I have created a league for all Rabbitohs Members and fans. It is free to join and would be great to compete against fellow Bunnies this year.
League Name: Rabbitohs.com.au
League Code: AAF63MRV
Hit me up on twitter if you want any personal advice on trades and players @AdamLCoz