This week’s Men of League Heritage Round match-up against the Dragons will see a host of changes for the Rabbitohs positionally. Notably, Dylan Walker will shift to centre, Dave Tyrrell will start in the front row, Sam Burgess will move to lock, Bryson Goodwin moves to the wing and Captain John Sutton returns to five-eighth in a game which will see him break the Clubs all-time appearance record.
For the Rabbitohs, there are some major fantasy implications with the line-up change, but with Alex Johnston and Cameron McInnes named on an extended bench, some of this may require a ‘wait and see’ approach. Keep an eye on the below players this weekend:
Apisai Koroisau – scored an impressive 41 points last week in 51 minutes of action. With McInnes on the extended bench, I wouldn’t be too worried about a dip in minutes for Api looks to be a must buy this week if you didn’t buy him last week.
Sam Burgess – Sam’s move to lock may see a slight increase in playing time, especially if McInnes makes the bench in a back-up hooking role. Has averaged 55 points per game, and with great bye coverage still looks a great purchase.
John Sutton – his move to five-eighth will almost certainly see him play the full 80 minutes which may result in a decrease in base stats, but hopefully an increase in attacking stats.
Greg Inglis – with a concussion affected three-game average, his price has dropped almost 32k on the season. He would make a great purchase if you need to upgrade one of your cheapies, but may only be a short term buy with Origin selection around the corner. He will miss five games during this period.
Jason Clark – returns from injury on the bench after appearing for the Bears last week.
· Apisai Koroisau, Rabbitohs – He is a must buy this week after scoring 41 points last week and rising 14k in value.
· Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Panthers – if you need to downgrade one of your backs or free up some cash to upgrade, Dallin looks like a good option with David Simmons out with a hamstring strain until round 10.
· Josh Mansour, Panthers – returns from injury this week with a two game average of 59. Does plenty of work to add to his attacking stats.
· Kane Evans, Roosters – may see some extra minutes with Warea-Hargreaves suspended, but looks to only have a small role off the Roosters’ bench.
· Matt Allwood, Raiders – Seems to have plateaued in price with an increase of only 4k this week. Might be time to move on.
· Dale Copley, Broncos – with Hodges returning he has moved to the wing where his involvement will decrease. He will probably score a hat-trick now just to prove me wrong.
· Shaun Fensom, Raiders – injured last week with a hyper-extended elbow. Has been named but in some doubt, keep an eye out for updates.
· James Tedesco, Tigers – concussion affected round, but looks like he will play this week.
· Cameron Smith, Storm – was a late withdrawal last week with a bad back, looks like he will return and hopefully reward those who got burnt last week.
Rabbitohs League code
I have created a league for all Rabbitohs Members and fans. It is free to join and would be great to compete against fellow Bunnies this year.
League Name: Rabbitohs.com.au
League Code: AAF63MRV
Hit me up on twitter if you want any personal advice on trades and players @AdamLCoz
To sign up for NRL Fantasy, please click here.