You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
The New South Wales Under 20s side has dealt the Queensland Under 20s a hefty blow in the Under 20s State of Origin clash at Centrebet Stadium tonight (Saturday), with the Blues defeating the Maroons 36 points to 12.

Young Rabbitohs centre Dylan Walker turned in an outstanding performance in his first Under 20s State of Origin match.

The NSW Under 20s had the run of the play for the opening 30 minutes of the match, getting out to an eight-nil lead.

The first try came in the 10th minute of play through George Jennings who scored in the left corner.

Twelve minutes later the Young Blues went to the left again and found space for centre Charly Runciman to score. Young Rabbitohs centre Dylan Walker missed with both conversion attempts, setting up the eight-nil lead.

In typical Maroons fashion, the Queensland Under 20s fired back late in the half with tries to Brandon Tago in the 33rd minute and Anthony Milford in the 36th minute, with Milford's two conversions establishing the 12-8 half time lead.

The Blues were on top for most of the half with forwards David Klemmer, Matthew Lodge and Brenden Santi setting the platform.

Walker was very busy in the opening 40 minutes, looking for the ball on the both the left and right hand sides of the field despite playing right centre, running for 61 metres in the first half, the most of the four centres on the field by more than double.

The Young Blues decided that this situation was just not good enough when representing their state, going on a point scoring spree in the second 40 minutes, with a lot of help from South Sydney's Walker.

The first try came in the 43rd minute when hooker Michael Lichaa tip-toed over from dummy half. Walker converted to snatch back the two-point lead.

Eight minutes later Charly Runciman scored an amazing try, thanks to Walker. NSW had a 20-metre restart which was taken by fullback Clinton Gutherson. Gutherson gave an immediate short ball to Walker who broke the line and raced 70 metres down field before passing off to Runciman who ran the final ten metres to score. Walker converted to take the advantage out to eight points.

A super grubber kick, chase and tackle into touch by Walker gave NSW great field position and the chance to score their next try, with Mitch Cornish scoring on the left side in the 56thminute from that repeat set-of-six. Walker converted to take the score out to 26-12 in favour of NSW.

Lichaa and Cornish had taken control of the match and the Blues were well on top at this stage, going on to score more points.

Jennings scored his second try in the 68th minute and Cornish scored his second in the 76th minute, with Walker's conversion taking the score line to 36-12 in favour of the Young Blues.

The Blues held out one final attacking raid by Queensland, giving the Young Blues a very convincing 36 points to 12 victory.

Walker, who is only 18 years of age playing in an under 20s representative match, had an excellent game contributing eight points from four goals, ten runs for 140 metres, two line breaks, two tackle breaks, an offload, six tackles and no missed tackles.

Walker will now return to the Rabbitohs to prepare for next weekend's clash with the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

NSW Under 20s 36 (George Jennings 2, Charly Runciman 2, Mitchell Cornish 2, Michael Lichaa tries; Dylan Walker 4 goals)


QLD Under 20s 12 (Brandon Tago, Anthony Milford tries; Anthony Milford 2 goals)