With stadium capacities increasing and 40,000 people expected to attend this Saturday’s game at ANZ Stadium, fans are encouraged to consider all the available travel options ahead of time as public transport continues to operate at a reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing across the network.
- Fans are urged to drive with their group and take advantage of the discounted pre-book parking flat rate of $18 at Sydney Olympic Park car parks. There is plenty of parking available but it will be in high demand on the night so pre-book parking online, available until 11:59pm Friday 16 October, to guarantee yourself a space in advance. Casual parking will be very limited and subject to availability.
- If you have to catch public transport, plan ahead, aim to arrive early and allow plenty of extra travel time getting to and from Olympic Park. Remember to use your Opal card or a contactless payment method.
- Express trains to Olympic Park will leave Central and Penrith regularly from around 3pm, with return services running from full-time until late. Services will be busy, especially after the game, so be patient and allow extra time getting home. For more details and to plan your trip, visit transportnsw.info.
- Check real-time capacity indicators where available as you may need to wait for the next service with available physical distancing capacity. Remember to practise physical distancing when on-board transport services and to look for the ‘green dots’ to find the safest places to sit or stand. Wearing a face mask while travelling on public transport is strongly recommended and fans are encouraged to keep their face masks on until they reach their seats inside the stadium.
- After the game, avoid the queues for transport services and wait times leaving car parks by enjoying the post-match show from your seats, including match stats, player interviews and more - all shown on the big screens. You can also continue to purchase food and beverage from outlets. There is also food, dining and drinking options available outside the Stadium, open both before and after the game.
- Additional measures and staff will be in place around transport hubs and ANZ Stadium to safely manage crowds arriving and leaving the game so be patient, practise physical distancing while in queues and follow the directions of staff on site.