Souths Cares is an independent not-for-profit public benevolent institution, established to support the local community and address social need across the South Sydney region.
Its charter is to support disadvantaged and marginalised youth and their families through the delivery of capacity building programs addressing education, training, health and employment needs.
Souths Cares was created to meet demand from community and government for strong, robust and transparent community programs that leverage the popularity of Rugby League and the Rabbitohs across the South Sydney region.
Souths Cares utilises the Rabbitohs NRL and NYC Squad’s along with staff and resources to deliver varied activities that create positive and enduring outcomes for program participants.
Souths Cares work extensively with the Indigenous Community of South Sydney and acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, elders past and present and the importance of young people as the future of our communities.
Three (3) Pillar Approach
Souths Cares utilises a three (3) Pillar framework for our Community Engagement Activity.
Our three pillars are:
- Health & Active Lifestyles
Souths Cares has six (6) activites delivered under our core pillars and have adopted an “On Demand’ Framework that structure our response to emergent community needs. This includes ad-hoc, demand driven, and emergency response activities.
Souths Cares is built on a foundation of robust and transparent Governance, Evaluation and Reporting of our work.
In 2014, Souths Cares won the Best Newcomer at the 2014 Social Investment Measurement Network of Australia Awards.
Souths Cares relies upon the support of the Private Sector, Government and Non Government Partners as well as the personal contributions of individual members of our community.
Souths Cares provides partnership opportunities across a range of programs and activities and has worked with some of Australia’s largest companies to deliver innovative and effective community work. With a footprint across the traditional catchment of the South Sydney Rabbitohs as well as experience working across NSW and Australia, Souths Cares has effectively supported a range of businesses to deliver their Corporate Social Responsibility obligations.
For more information please contact the General Manager of Souths Cares, Brock Schaefer (email@example.com)
Souths Cares is fortunate to attract donations from members of the community whom are eager to see the continuation of our programs. Individuals, Estates and Philanthropic Funds can contact Souths Cares to discuss how you can support the program.
WE THANK THE FOLLOWING ORGANISATIONS FOR SUPPORTING SOUTHS CARES:
- Australian Technology Park
- Randwick City Council
- Centre For Oral Health Strategy
- Sydney Tafe
Souths Cares delivers a range of programs and initiatives focusing on education, employment and health to assist our local community.
The Rabbitohs also deliver the ‘Rabbitohs Friendly Schools and Clubs Program’ which is aimed at creating a greater connection with the schools and clubs in the South Sydney area that support the Rabbitohs. For more information about this program, please contact the Rabbitohs on (02) 8306 9918.
The Rabbitohs and Souths Cares receive a significant number of donation requests and player appearances throughout the year from schools, community groups, individuals and other organisations. Please keep in mind that we will try our best to assist, but unfortunately due to such a high demand we cannot fulfill every request for assistance.
Souths Cares Donations Policy
- Priority will be given to individuals, communities and organisations who are experiencing significant disadvantage or hardship.
- Priority will be given to requests with a clear affiliation to the Rabbitohs and rugby league.
- Priority will be given to those in Sydney and the local South Sydney area.
- Requests must be made at least four weeks before required.
- Due to the high demand, Souths Cares will respond to your request within four weeks.
- We do not fulfill requests for signed merchandise/memorabilia. Those wishing to have any Rabbitohs gear signed are more than welcome to attend Rabbitohs training at Redfern Oval to have their articles signed in person – our players are more than happy to oblige.
- We do not provide financial assistance or cash donations.
Please note that Rabbitohs players are not available:
- During the off season; this starts as the day following the last match of the season up until mid-November;
- On bye weekends during the NRL Premiership season;
- On the team’s scheduled day off during the week;
- On game days;
- On the day before and after game day.