Rabbitoh Primary is an interactive classroom that hosts students from local primary schools and delivers a curriculum of Health and Wellbeing topics targeted at primary school aged boys and girls.
The holistic Program for Years 5 and 6 students combines the NRL initiative, ‘Eat Well, Play Well, Stay Well’ with a range of Life Education Australia modules aligned with the National School Curriculum.
Each session is designed to educate students with the fundamental knowledge to live healthy and active lifestyles as they head into their all-important teenage years.
The Souths Cares trainers utilise a wide range of comprehensive resources and adapt them to meet the educational needs of local students. The result is a fun and engaging educational session that utilises a combination of games, hands on activities, group work and role-play, where students are taken through developmentally appropriate lessons. Each session is two hours in duration and students access the training via two sessions each year.
In 2014 Rabbitoh Primary delivered sessions to students from:
- Pagewood Public School;
- Maroubra Bay Public School;
- Petersham Public School;
- Matraville Public School;
- Rainbow Street Public School;
- Daceyville Public School;
- Matraville Soldiers Settlement;
- Kensington Public School;
- Coogee Public School;
- Darlington Public School;
- St. Bernard's Botany;
- Chifley Public School; and
- Banksmeadow Public School.
The modules delivered encompassed the import preadolescent issues of:
- On The Case (smoking prevention)
- All System’s Go (workings of the human body)
- bCyberwise (cyber safety)
- Think Twice (alcohol awareness and physical consequences)
- It’s Your Call (smoking and physical consequences)
This Program is delivered at no cost to students or schools and has received tremendous feedback from participants. Over 3000 students have graduated from Rabbitoh Primary since 2012.