The Barranggirra Program is delivered by Souths Cares in partnership with Training Services NSW and supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander learners, apprentices and trainees through providing holistic mentoring support. The program’s objectives are to:
- Increase access, retention and completion of vocational education and training for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People.
- Develop training and employment aspirations and support participants' career pathways.
- Improve post-training outcomes.
- Increase placement in meaningful and sustainable employment.
- Work collaboratively with industry partners and vocational training providers to develop training courses and employment pathways in key industries.
- Work collaboratively with employers in supporting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander apprentices and trainees.
Souths Cares supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander apprentices, trainees throughout all of metropolitan Sydney. For more information, please contact our Training and Employment Mentors:
Barranggirra Program Manager
0432 268 430
Referrals for mentoring can also be made by clicking HERE.