Pre-order the 2012 Rabbitohs Indigenous Jersey Now!
Monday 9 July 2012 10:00 AM
The Rabbitohs have launched the inaugural Indigenous Jersey to be worn against the Titans in round 22 for the NRL's Close the Gap round.
The Club commissioned local artist Daren Dunn to design a jersey that reflected South Sydney’s long standing relationship with the indigenous community and their links to the heartland at Redfern.
Meaning and symbolism behind the jersey design includes:
• The black and white rabbits represent the Aboriginal and Non Aboriginal people and players of Redfern and South Sydney's local community.
• The Black hands represent the Aboriginal Elders of the past and present.
• The green and red boomerangs on the front of the jersey represent the youth of today. The seated figures near the black hands represent the spectators and supporters of the teams. The meeting places are ceremonial sites in South Sydney. The white dots running through these sacred sites are our connection to the land and people of this nation. The people and places represented in this story come together as one.
• The side panels depict a celebration. Red and green dots are scattered to represent the stomping of the dust as the welcome dance takes place. Our tribes call this the "Welcome Shake a Leg dance."
How to pre-order your jersey
You can secure a piece of history and pre-order your Indigenous Rabbitohs jersey through the official Club Megastore now. With only a limited number of jerseys on sale through official club outlets grab yours today.
Mens - Members Price $152.96, Non-Members $169.95
Kids - Members Price $125.96, Non-Members $139.95
Please note – Only available in mens and kids sizes only
Remember you must login to the Online Store to activate your 10% discount. The ‘Member Login’ button can be found in the navigational bar at the top of the site.
Please note the following conditions of sale:
• You must pre-order by 10am 27 July 2012
• Product to be dispatched on 1 August
Order online now at the Rabbitohs Megastore by clicking here.