tmedia
Skip to main content
Main content
Homepage

Tradition


web_tradition

South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club Limited

The Beginning…

South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club was formed at a public meeting held at Redfern Town Hall on 17 January 1908.

On March 5, 1908, the NSW Rugby League issued the Club its receipt No. 2 for their £ -1 – 1 – 0 affiliation fee.

The Club’s first premiership match, also the first in the NSWRL competition, was played at Birchgrove Oval on Easter Monday, 20 April 1908. Souths defeated North Sydney 11-7. Winger Tommy Anderson scored Souths first try, with others added during the historic game by forwards Dick Green and Harold Butler, who also kicked a goal.

The Club was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee at a Special General Meeting on 13 June 1982.

The rebirth of the Rabbitohs began on 7 June, 2006 through a new partnership between Russell Crowe, Peter Holmes à Court and the 8000 Members of the Club. The voting Members of the Football Club voted by a 75.8% majority to convert the Club from a company limited by guarantee to a company limited by shares at an Extraordinary General Meeting held on 19 March 2006.

>>> All Time Players Records from 1908-2016

>>> Club Records from 1908-2016

>>> Life Members List (as at March 2017)

 

>>> Results: 1908-10

>>> Results: 1911-20

>>> Results: 1921-30

>>> Results: 1931-40

>>> Results: 1941-50

>>> Results: 1951-60

>>> Results: 1961-70

>>> Results: 1971-80

>>> Results: 1981-90

>>> Results: 1991-2000

>>> Results: 2001-2010

>>> Results: 2011-Current